GTA4.TV - Your Source For GTA IV! - Sunday Banner!
Latest News > First GTA Chinatown Wars PSP Screenshots

First GTA Chinatown Wars PSP Screenshots

Rockstar Games have just Tweeted about their update to their Chinatown Wars website, which now features 7 brand spanking new and unseen screenshots of the PSP version of the game. You'll notice much improved graphics and lighting effects in comparison with the DS version of the game.

PSP owners, rejoice - the highest-rated DS game of all-time (*Source: Metacritic) is now coming to PlayStation Portable on October 20th 2009.

Specifically built for the PSP platform with upscaled widescreen graphics, enhanced lighting and animation and including all new story missions, Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars will be a powerful experience on the PSP and will be available as both a digital download (via PLAYSTATION Network) and at retail.

Rockstar have also said on Twitter that there are "lots of announcements coming today", so perhaps we'll receive some screenshots or a trailer for Gay Tony too.

Check our more details at Rockstar's Official Chinatown Wars website

Posted On 27th Aug 2009 By Psy
Comments The last comment was posted on 28th Aug 2009 by Seeen
View All http://www.gta4.tv/forums/index.php?showtopic=793000

Comment by Massacre posted on 27th Aug 2009:

That looks just like the top-down camera option from GTA III.

Comment by Stoic Person Eater posted on 27th Aug 2009:

QUOTE(Massacre @ Aug 27 2009, 12:24 PM) View Original Post
That looks EXACTLY like the top-down camera option from GTA III.

Comment by Massacre posted on 27th Aug 2009:

I'd love to see something like God of War: Chains of Olympus (and other games I don't care to remember), where the game is released in a bundle with a special PSP. I'd love an orange R* PSP. Either way, I think it's time to ditch the DS...

Comment by El-Nino posted on 27th Aug 2009:

I dont understand why the game is top down still. I'd rather have Vice city stories or liberty city stories if I had a PSP. theyre both so much better. I hate top down games.

Comment by DiO posted on 27th Aug 2009:

QUOTE(El-Nino @ Aug 27 2009, 01:12 PM) View Original Post

Cuase the DS couldn't handle a game like LCS or VCS.

Comment by DuPz0r posted on 27th Aug 2009:

This looks pretty awesome! biggrin.gif

The top down view gives it a more retro feel that VCS and LCS didn't have, more of a GTA2 era look to it!

Comment by Seeen posted on 28th Aug 2009:

Getting it. It looks awesome!