GTA4.TV - Your Source For GTA IV! - Tuesday Banner!
Latest News > Two More DLC's Next Year?

Two More DLC's Next Year?

Gamesindustry.biz recently posted an article written by Analyst Todd Mitchell, of Kaufman Bros. Equity Research, in which Mitchell states that he expects two new downloadable episodes to be released next year followed by GTA:V in 2011.

I would expect that there would be two more pieces of downloadable content for GTA IV, that's what has been indicated to me, although formats are unsure. It's been indicated to me to me that would be the case," said Mitchell.

"Our outlook includes expected strong sell-through of Bioshock 2, and the release of two 'AAA' titles, each from Rockstar (Red Dead Redemption and Agent) and 2K Games (Mafia II and TBD), reiterations of 2K Sports and 2K Play's annual line-ups, an expected GTA title for the PS2, expected strong sell-through of GTA: Chinatown Wars for the PSP, and new GTA DLC for the Xbox 360 and PS3. We now look for the release of GTA V in fiscal 2011..."

Now bear in mind that these are just his beliefs, which in no way officially suggest that there will be any further expansions to the GTA4 series after "The Ballad Of Gay Tony". Once we hear anything official, we'll let you know.

Thanks to Qdeathstar for the news submission.

Posted On 05th Jul 2009 By Psy
Comments The last comment was posted on 14th Jul 2009 by megacoolegast
View All http://www.gta4.tv/forums/index.php?showtopic=792513

Comment by Qdeathstar posted on 05th Jul 2009:

I hope they don't make anymore DLC's .. I'm ready to see vice city redux!

Comment by TwoFacedTanner posted on 05th Jul 2009:

QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Jul 5 2009, 06:18 PM) View Original Post
I hope they don't make anymore DLC's .. I'm ready to see vice city redux!

I agree!

Comment by Seeen posted on 06th Jul 2009:

Am I reading that right?

A new PS2 title? What would it even be, Chinatown Wars?

San Andreas Stories?! I can only wish.

But yeah, GTA IV: VICE CITY II

Comment by DuPz0r posted on 06th Jul 2009:

I posted this yesterday in GTAIV DLC discussion. But i didn't think it was worthy enough to be news so i didn't make a fuss about it.

Still, it gives me hope that there will be DLC for PS3.

Comment by thespacecowboy posted on 06th Jul 2009:

And there is an even older topic on this, we don't need no analysist, it was thought of already!

Comment by RomanBellic posted on 07th Jul 2009:

stuff more dlc,i want San Andreas Stories already.

Comment by bOnEs posted on 07th Jul 2009:

pfft, the day L&D comes to the PS3 is the day i actually care about GTAIV DLC episodes... till then, who cares... the best information in that whole article is the fact that GTAV could be coming out in the next couple of years... but, anyone with half a brain could of predicted that one...

Comment by DuPz0r posted on 08th Jul 2009:

QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jul 7 2009, 04:55 PM) View Original Post

True that.

Comment by HB~Sauce posted on 08th Jul 2009:

QUOTE(Seeen @ Jul 6 2009, 02:43 AM) View Original Post
A new PS2 title? What would it even be, Chinatown Wars?

Yeah, that was the first thing that I noticed when reading the info. It must be a Chinatown Wars port from the PSP version.

P.S. I wouldn't mind some downloadable GTAIV content for the PS3 as well....

Comment by megacoolegast posted on 14th Jul 2009:

Not having DLC for the PS3 was a mistake right from the start. I don't want to sound like a fanboi but anyway, they are still exploring the possibilities they can have with the PS3, and the XBox is already at full capacity. What I want to say is that they need to invest in something that has a future(the PS3 in this case) of evolving even more instead of some crap(being the Xbox) that is already working on its limit...