GTA4.TV - Your Source For GTA IV! - Thursday Banner!
Latest News > New Lost And Damned Screenshots

New Lost And Damned Screenshots

Three new screenshots have been released by Microsoft for The Lost And Damned downloadable content pack. Check them out in our gallery.

Remember to stay tuned for the first footage of the DLC on Spike TV on December 14th.

Posted On 11th Dec 2008 By Psy
Comments The last comment was posted on 13th Dec 2008 by punxtr
View All http://www.gta4.tv/forums/index.php?showtopic=790332

Comment by Canadianbacon123 posted on 11th Dec 2008:

Awesome, looks like we might be able to melee on a motorcycle now biggrin.gif

Comment by Seeen posted on 11th Dec 2008:

Are. You. Fucking. Kidding. Me.

I NEED A DAMN XBOX, NOW. I don't wanna miss out on "Road Rash" style melee attacks!

I have a feeling that when this DLC drops people are gonna forget all about Niko and his "boohoo, I don't wanna kill people but that's all I do" ways.

Johnny is a badass.

Comment by TheAnalogKid2112 posted on 11th Dec 2008:

God damn. I want bike melee. How much fun would that be?!?!?

Comment by Ayreon posted on 11th Dec 2008:

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Comment by RomanBellic posted on 12th Dec 2008:

let's all hope they bring this to the PS3 sometime next year.

Comment by DuffMan posted on 12th Dec 2008:

Eh, it could just be a scripted event, like many things we see in GTA screenshots.

Those new bikes look the shit.

Comment by Ayreon posted on 12th Dec 2008:

QUOTE(DuffMan @ Dec 12 2008, 12:18 PM) View Original Post

Those new bikes look the shit.

Lol, oh yeah. Those fucking scripted events always get our hopes up.

Comment by victimsfamily posted on 12th Dec 2008:

QUOTE(Ayreon @ Dec 12 2008, 06:56 PM) View Original Post
QUOTE(DuffMan @ Dec 12 2008, 12:18 PM) View Original Post

Those new bikes look the shit.

Lol, oh yeah. Those fucking scripted events always get our hopes up.

Haha !! That would be teh epic fail as some would say. After a screenshot like that...

Comment by Seeen posted on 12th Dec 2008:

Yeah, damnit... It probably is just a scripted animation.

Remember thinking that we could store stuff in trunks of cars, or hang onto moving vehicles whenever we wanted to?

Comment by clAsshole posted on 12th Dec 2008:

No, that was all wishful thinking. No magazine confirmed it, they only speculated. It's your own fault for your own disgruntlement tongue.gif

Sweet bikes.

Comment by aussie_b8ler posted on 13th Dec 2008:

Bike melee is possible in Saint's Row 2. The argument has always been that Saint's Row copied ideas off of GTA. It looks like the tables have turned.

*waits for GTA fanboys attempt to rip me a new one*

Comment by TwoFacedTanner posted on 13th Dec 2008:

You're wrong colonel sanders! Mamas right!

Errrrmmm....I think these new screens look bad ass.
Looks like we're gonna be able to have a gang follow us around.
I wonder if the death of Johnny's "old lady" plays a part in his story.

Comment by victimsfamily posted on 13th Dec 2008:

QUOTE(clAsshole @ Dec 13 2008, 05:13 AM) View Original Post

Sweet bikes.

There was a time were we COULD speculate on exciting screenshots, because they were'nt only disappointment bringers, they were actually nuggets and hinted true features, yeah, now we've got good little fanboys (sorry i hate this term) telling us that it's our own fault if developpers misleads us, because it's just marketing and we should like it how it is.
As for magazines, I'm sure they were the first to emphasize all the pole climbing and car hanging crap that didn't make it to the final game.

So yeah it was wishful thinking too, but it's the whole point of the advertisement, and what is DISHONEST is when it ends up being only a way to make us wet ourselves and buy the shit, because they know we hope. When you see a screenshot in a magazyne with a Niko hanging on a car, and a speech on the awesome Euphoria engine, you don't naturally say "nah, it'll only be a one mission deal". Now you can act all arrogant and despise those who hoped like they were supposed to, but that won't get you any cookie from R* anyway.

Screenshots looks good and all, but something tells me I won't buy the DLC, because I already paid 60 $ for a game that's not finished, I don't see why I should pay more now. But I recon it's the future for the gaming business : buying games in kit.

Comment by TwoFacedTanner posted on 13th Dec 2008:

QUOTE(victimsfamily @ Dec 13 2008, 11:03 AM) View Original Post

You know everyone says that...and even though PC games are like $10 cheaper...no one ever has a problem with buying the expansions to PC games... Which are usually about $30 or so.

Comment by clAsshole posted on 13th Dec 2008:

QUOTE(victimsfamily @ Dec 13 2008, 12:03 PM) View Original Post
QUOTE(clAsshole @ Dec 13 2008, 05:13 AM) View Original Post

Sweet bikes.

There was a time were we COULD speculate on exciting screenshots, because they weren't only disappointment bringers, they were actually nuggets and hinted true features, yeah, now we've got good little fanboys (sorry i hate this term) telling us that it's our own fault if developers misleads us, because it's just marketing and we should like it how it is.

So yeah it was wishful thinking too, but it's the whole point of the advertisement, and what is DISHONEST is when it ends up being only a way to make us wet ourselves and buy the shit, because they know we hope. When you see a screenshot in a magazine with a Niko hanging on a car, and a speech on the awesome Euphoria engine, you don't naturally say "nah, it'll only be a one mission deal". Now you can act all arrogant and despise those who hoped like they were supposed to, but that won't get you any cookie from R* anyway.

Actually, I'm only telling you that because when we found out that the Xbox 360 core was going to be able to run the game complete, we felt the game had to be downsized and not optimized for the PS3 disc. No problems really, they just had to cut some ideas that had already gotten around mags. Btw, Euphoria wasn't cut--I don't know what you are talking about there.

Last but not least, R*'s business is selling titles so there is little shock there. If you wanted to make sure some features were in there you should have waited for reviews after launch. No need to worry... plenty of copies...

No hard feelings. I really don't care about the game because I haven't played it in months.

Comment by victimsfamily posted on 13th Dec 2008:

QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Dec 13 2008, 06:57 PM) View Original Post
QUOTE(victimsfamily @ Dec 13 2008, 11:03 AM) View Original Post

That's true, but it's one of the reasons I prefered playing on consoles in the first place, once you'd have the console and the game, you'd have it. All. More and more it seems to me that the DLC principle is just a way to rush release unfinished and lousy big licence games. There should be no reason for DLC. All the more for a "sandbox" game like GTA, which usually provides all the tools for infinite fun, natively.
Now you think you have a xbox360 for 180 $ but what you actually get is "the core", and there's a ton of things to pay for if you want the complete experience, DDR, live, wifi, etc... Like on PC with graphical cards, processor, RAM, to change every 2 years... Same with PS3 I guess. They're turning the console market to work this way, and be as juicy and regularly bankable.
"Next Gen" is all about making us accept to pay more, force the PC ways into console players, the thing is it doesn't mean better games...
As for this "Lost and Damned" thing, is this really necessary ? What it seems to bring as of gameplay features, couldn't have it been in the game originally ?

QUOTE(clAsshole)

Waiting for reviews wouldn't have made the game more finished or fun. Wouldn't even have made me think about buying it or not, seing as they all were and still are ultra positive.
I don't know about the reason you give for ideas being cut. I don't see how climbing to poles (or even vigilante or taxi missions) being out could be due to an optimisation problem, but i don't want to change subject. They didn't advertise it anyway (of course, of course). As for the Euphoria thing I was refering to it in relation with the scripted "hanging on vehicles" "one mission deal" feature.
No hard feelings either, and I haven't touched the game in months either (been playing skate. since the release though). But I still care for GTA, and all the hours passed having fun and dreaming on it.

Comment by clAsshole posted on 13th Dec 2008:

I never said they would have, but if you really didn't want to waste your money you had to either avoid the game or not read anything on it. Even that it was in LC again. I'm not sure climbing poles was confirmed but I doubt it was due to optimization also... I don't know. The hanging on vehicles was a big if because it was one of the first screenshots after the trailer and no one really tried to confirm it.

I don't care for GTA anymore though. Not my focus these days.