GTA4.TV - Your Source For GTA IV! - Monday Banner!
Latest News > I'll Be Damned: First GTAIV Downloadable Content Details

I'll Be Damned: First GTAIV Downloadable Content Details

After GTAIV was first announced, Microsoft bragged about it's exclusive deal with Rockstar to secure downloadable content. All this bragging came to head when the downloadable content in question was delayed countless times. Fortunately, the patient few can finally hear the first ever details of this brand new expansion courtesy of USA Today. According the to the article, the title of this expansion will be called "Lost and Damned" and will follow the exploits of Johnny Klebitz, a member of the biker gang, the Lost. Eagle eye observers will know that Niko ran into this gang in a couple of missions, not to mention infrequent references on the in-game radio. Rockstar's Dan Houser, although mum on specific details, did give us some insight on the personality of Klebitz...

Johnny is a very different character than Niko, with a very different background. I can't go into too much detail on the story, because we try not to give away too much plot before the game is released. But I can say that the story will show you a different side of Liberty City.

This new expansion will be February 17th on the Xbox Live Marketplace. Unfortunately, no details regarding price were released.

UPDATE: Rockstar has made an official press release along with new screenshots. The expansion will also come with new multiplayer modes, weapons, vehicles, and new music as well. Sweet deal.

Source: USA Today

Posted On 20th Nov 2008 By Pyrocy
Comments The last comment was posted on 05th Feb 2009 by Stoic Person Eater
View All http://www.gta4.tv/forums/index.php?showtopic=790095

Comment by OptimumPx posted on 20th Nov 2008:

Well, I'll say it's about time we got some details about the DLC.

If your going to be playing as a whole different person, I wonder how it'll mix with the normal story...will you be part of events that happen in the normal story as well? (Like for example Niko's showdown with the Lost early in the game)

Comment by Liquidice posted on 20th Nov 2008:

I was thinking the same thing OPX. I'm happy they have used a completely different character to the main ones. It will feel like another game based on the same city now.

Do you think they will change the landscape around a touch too? buildings that were underconstruction now built etc? That would be a nice touch. Wouldnt have to effect multiplayer either as it could just revert back to the old city to play people who havn't got the update.

Comment by Seeen posted on 20th Nov 2008:

I wasn't expecting anything like this at all. I think it sounds really cool though. Johnny was a badass, I can't wait to hear more.

Comment by TwoFacedTanner posted on 20th Nov 2008:

Bad ass.

Finally we get to figure out where the hell he went.

Comment by Stoic Person Eater posted on 20th Nov 2008:

In the original game, Niko crossed paths with The Lost several times. This time, Niko has only a bit part, Houser says. "The story is not directly impacted by decisions you took in the main game," he says. But "tons of details and mysteries from the main story get explained, so it will add a lot of color to the main story."

Interesting.

I'm reluctant to get too excited. Even about the release date. We'll see, another delay won't shock me.
Could be awesome. Could be horseshit.

Comment by Ind¥ posted on 20th Nov 2008:

It sounds awesome. Too bad I wont get it.

Comment by Imaphatpimp posted on 20th Nov 2008:

Fuck.

Comment by neko_ceko posted on 20th Nov 2008:

QUOTE(PyroHazard @ Nov 20 2008, 08:09 AM) View Original Post
This new expansion will be February 17th on the Xbox Live Marketplace.

One day after my birthday!

Comment by §ynch posted on 20th Nov 2008:

QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Nov 20 2008, 05:28 AM) View Original Post
Bad ass.

Finally we get to figure out where the hell he went.

Yup. Will be interesting.

Comment by TwoFacedTanner posted on 20th Nov 2008:

Hmm, i wonder if they'll release it on disc.
Like Bethesda did with their expansion packs.
For those who don't have XBL

Comment by TheAnalogKid2112 posted on 20th Nov 2008:

QUOTE(Imaphatpimp @ Nov 20 2008, 09:16 AM) View Original Post
Fuck.

Comment by victimsfamily posted on 21st Nov 2008:

Yes it really sucks for ps3 users, I hope for them that the exclusivity won't last too much. (if it's the usual kind of exclusivity)
The new update is nice, new weapons, vehicles, music and multiplayer modes, that's good. I'd still like new gameplay mechanics though. Still wouldn't be enough to make the game last much more than it has yet.

Comment by DuPz0r™ posted on 21st Nov 2008:

QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Nov 21 2008, 01:30 AM) View Original Post
QUOTE(Imaphatpimp @ Nov 20 2008, 09:16 AM) View Original Post
Fuck.

Oh well. To be honest i'm not as jealous as i thought i'd be about it. I'm glad i'm not waiting this long just for this.

Comment by angeal 18 posted on 21st Nov 2008:

shit. now i have to buy a 360. i can't miss out on this.

Comment by deejay posted on 22nd Nov 2008:

it has to eventually come on PS3 doesn't it, huh com'on R*, it has to. why would they isolate a half of there fan base, no they wouldn't, hopefully mid next year we'll see it released. but seriously i dont want to get an 360, i cant afford that shit, and just for DLC, com'on R* stop selling out, make the announcement the the exclusivity is only time based so ur fans wont be suckered into getting a new system when they could have just waited for the exclusive time to expire.

and seriously big up the Jamaicans next DLC by making Jacob playable, zeen

Comment by DuPz0r™ posted on 22nd Nov 2008:

Well GTA 3, VC and SA were all PS2 exclusive... that turned out to be bollocks, it was only exclusive for a certain amount of time, then it was released on Xbox and PC. So you never know.

Comment by Canadianbacon123 posted on 22nd Nov 2008:

QUOTE(Liquidice @ Nov 20 2008, 06:22 AM) View Original Post

Maybe the carnival in Hove Beach might be operational as well.

Comment by Mr Pink posted on 22nd Nov 2008:

Damn I am so excited for this, finally some info. And on a side note this has been probably discussed over 1 million but times but still... Microsoft paid R* $50 mil for the exclusive DLC, so I don't think it will ever see the light on the PS3.

Comment by TwoFacedTanner posted on 22nd Nov 2008:

QUOTE(Canadianbacon123 @ Nov 22 2008, 12:52 PM) View Original Post
QUOTE(Liquidice @ Nov 20 2008, 06:22 AM) View Original Post

Maybe the carnival in Hove Beach might be operational as well.

I don't think it will actually.

From what I've gathered, its going to take place in the same time frame as GTA4, but you're going to go through it in Johnny's perspective.

Comment by Ind¥ posted on 22nd Nov 2008:

After looking at the new screenshots; maybe we'll see some gang control.

Comment by Üsername posted on 22nd Nov 2008:

Coolness. Also, the last post got me thinking of a song.

I'm being hunted by paleface in blue
and these cracker, spooks are haunting you too
With municipal shovels they're out digging our graves
under threat of reprisal we are forced to enslave

Policia, policia; why can't you see
Your bullets will never pacify me
I dont fight the world; the world fights me
Cause the gang in control is the fucking PD

(That's right)

Fuck the police they're gang control
We've gotta take it back
Everyone get up and let's go

Your politrix are politi-kill
I'll take the bullet to prove that you kill
you front the facade of a "righteous man"
But the hole in your heart put a gun in your hand

Protecting the money and out serving the state
Crushing the people with the laws they create
Nothing forgotten and nobody saved
You can not break me, force me to behave

Fuck the police they're gang control
We've gotta tear it down
Everyone get up and let's go
around the globe it's outta hand
from the states to iran
across the ocean, back again
england, zaire and japan

Fuck the police they're gang control
We've gotta tear it down
Everyone get up and let's go

Comment by Asthenia posted on 24th Nov 2008:

Give me pricing and I'll think about setting up the 360 again.

Comment by Skinny. posted on 25th Nov 2008:

QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Nov 21 2008, 12:30 PM) View Original Post
QUOTE(Imaphatpimp @ Nov 20 2008, 09:16 AM) View Original Post
Can't wait!

Comment by victimsfamily posted on 25th Nov 2008:

QUOTE(Ind¥ @ Nov 22 2008, 09:57 PM) View Original Post
After looking at the new screenshots; maybe we'll see some gang control.

Gang control !! drool.gif

Comment by FUBAR1991 posted on 04th Feb 2009:

I can't wait. i would like to have some fire truck missions, and the EMT missions. now i just need 20 bucks . hmmm what can i sell

Comment by Stoic Person Eater posted on 05th Feb 2009:

QUOTE(FUBAR1991 @ Feb 4 2009, 08:51 PM) View Original Post

You can sell your soul and stop bumping old ass outdated topics.

There won't be Firetruck or EMT missions. Save your $20.