GTA4.TV - Your Source For GTA IV! - Tuesday Banner!
Latest News > Brand New GTA: Chinatown Wars Details

Brand New GTA: Chinatown Wars Details

Nintendo Everything have managed to translate an article from a Spanish magazine uncovering more details about GTA: Chinatown Wars.

- Camera can swivel 360 degrees
- Trains will pass overhead in the city, cars will circle, pedestrians will be walking, etc.
- GPS seen on the touch screen while you move through the city
- PDA allows you to gain access to the map with more details as well as the goals of missions
- You can mark points that you want and the GPS will always tell you the shortest legal route to the destination with yellow or blue arrows
- New discoveries (such as gas stations) are added to the map
- Top screen brings you all the action, while the lower screen will let you control elements like the PDA, GPS, the radio, access to the people on the map, or using Motolov cocktails and grenades.
- Drugs have a big importance in the game
- Drug system can be compared to Drugwars
- You have to control the stock of drugs, buy them in one neighborhood and sell them in another - Good way to make money in the game
- You are given a map so that you know what people demand and at what prices
- Like other GTA games, in Chinatown Wars, you can catch a taxi - whistle into the microphone so the taxi will stop

It is also reported that all of the boroughs that were featured in Grand Theft Auto IV will return in Chinatown Wars apart from Alderney. The ones returning are Dukes, Bohan, Broker, and Algonquin.

I think you can agree that this sounds pretty damn awesome for just a handheld game. Stay tuned for more information as it comes.

GTA: Chinatown Wars is expected to be released in the second quarter of 2009 for the Nintendo DS™.

source: http://nintendoeverything.com

Posted On 17th Nov 2008 By Zen
Comments The last comment was posted on 18th Nov 2008 by victimsfamily
View All http://www.gta4.tv/forums/index.php?showtopic=790075

Comment by Stoic Person Eater posted on 17th Nov 2008:

Is anyone going to be picking up a DS just for this game?

Comment by Imaphatpimp posted on 17th Nov 2008:

I just sold my DS. :s

Comment by PCGamer posted on 17th Nov 2008:

might get the new DSi but not for this game

Comment by Seeen posted on 17th Nov 2008:

Badass, I can't wait to play this game. It sounds cooler all the time. If it's really that good I guess I'd get a DS just for this game.

Comment by neko_ceko posted on 18th Nov 2008:

Sounds good..... for a DS game.

Comment by victimsfamily posted on 18th Nov 2008:

These new details are really nice ! Gas stations ! And, not new but the screwdriver idea to start a car really should have been an option in IV, plus there should have been a stealth way to enter closed cars than breaking the windows.

Anyway I may jump on the opportunity to get the console, as I've been considering buying one for a while, but I'll wait for reviews of the game, to see if it's really good.
Besides there's quite a lot of DS games I'd really like to try like Trauma Center, Ouendan, Phoenix Wright, Professor Layton, Wario Ware, Geometry Wars, Pic Pic, Picross, Cooking Mama... Damn I'm looking at the DS line up right now and I can't believe I still haven't bought a DS... Also utilities like kanji dictionnaries I would get...