GTA4.TV - Your Source For GTA IV! - Friday Banner!
Latest News > GTA4.TV Visits Liberty City

GTA4.TV Visits Liberty City

On Sunday, April 20th, I boarded a plane which would eventually take me to New York City. A special trip arranged by Rockstar Games specifically for the biggest GTA fan sites on the internet. Once there I had the privilege of playing GTA4 and chatting to many of the Rockstar staff, as well as the other fan site webmasters about the game and various things regarding it. I also had the chance to check out some of the world famous landmarks that are scattered across the city. During my time there, I took down notes of everything that happened, and I can now present to you my in-depth diary of my trip to NYC and meeting some of the guys at Rockstar Games.

It's a pretty long read, but if you're interested in finding out all about my impressions of GTA4, and how well the Rockstar guys treated us, check it out now. You'll also find plenty of photos of NYC, many of which you will recognise from GTA4 screenshots!

Check out similar articles at the other fan sites who joined me on this trip: GTA4.Net, TheGTAPlace.com, GTAGaming.com, PlanetGTA.com, GTAWH.com.

Posted On 25th Apr 2008 By Psy
Comments The last comment was posted on 26th Apr 2008 by calimann83
View All http://www.gta4.tv/forums/index.php?showtopic=786341

Comment by Van Hel Singh posted on 25th Apr 2008:

Cops N' Crooks was over a bit too quick for us. By the time we found a vehicle near our spawn, the cops had already pretty much mowed the boss down. I of course, a loyal henchman of his,ran the hell away to avoid myself getting killed. Screw the boss, it's every man for himself! Deal Breaker was another fun gametype which is based on Gone In 60 Seconds. You've gotta find a car, steal it, and take it to the lockup. Whoever steals the most wins, but some cars are full of drugs, so steal them for a 10x bonus!

Epic. This game just sounds brilliant. Thanks for the great read.

Comment by neko_ceko posted on 25th Apr 2008:

Lucky bastard tongue.gif
(I'll make another post when I read this whole)

Comment by Destruction-Overdrive posted on 25th Apr 2008:

A fantastic read full of laughable moments. It really puts in perspective the endless fun GTA IV has to offer. All my questions have been answered and now I just cant wait to play it. Im not going to have a life after this game comes out.
Thank you Psy for all your hard work put into the best GTA fansite out there. I've had a great time on this forum over these many years. Im certianly jealous and I can't think of anyone that deserved that more than you. Cheers brother!

Comment by Anton posted on 25th Apr 2008:

this is why i love rockstar. they take care of their fans. not all of them of course but its nice to know they havent sold out

Comment by Mekingtons posted on 25th Apr 2008:

Yeah, it's an awesome article. Everyone read it, none of that tl;dr crap, give it a read. smile.gif

Comment by Zen posted on 25th Apr 2008:

Awesome read, Psy. smile.gif

Comment by HB~Sauce posted on 25th Apr 2008:

Haha, Zidane the drink slave.

Great read.

Comment by Ulster_Niko posted on 25th Apr 2008:

Great read, Psy mate. Rockstar seem like likely genuinely great people.

Comment by -spyder- posted on 25th Apr 2008:

Well i finally read it all!

it was great to read it, after it took about 3 hours, but none the less it was definetly worth it, great review psy

Comment by Switch2015 posted on 25th Apr 2008:

Fantastic Article Psy. fascinating info especialy about the Free roam mode in Multiplayer. Sounds like you had a good time over there. Good For you. And good on Rockstar for doing that.

Comment by Rylo84 posted on 25th Apr 2008:

Psy how you can be a Kopite living in Newcastle and write something as good as that is beyond me ;-)

You are one lucky, lucky bastard. As if an all expenses trip to New York wouldn't be enough, playing what will probably be the game of the decade before any of us minnows is unbelievable!

Nice one for passing on your experiences to us Psy. Fucking spot on mate.

By the way if your a proper red you should be reading this:

I'll sort you some copies if you are interested but too lazy to sort them yourself :-)

Comment by neko_ceko posted on 25th Apr 2008:

Wow man! I just read it. It sounds like some writer or something wrote it.
I really liked this "story".
When I read it I felt like I was there. You know what I mean.

Anyway I wanted to ask, what is the reason because islands are not connected.
In GTA III it was bomb thing, in Vice City hurricane, in San Andreas earthquake and the cop said you are not allowed to go out of the city.
So what is it now?

Comment by Canadianbacon123 posted on 25th Apr 2008:

wow, that was an awesome read, thx smile.gif

Comment by neko_ceko posted on 25th Apr 2008:

Bonus thing is new right?
Because I didn't saw it before

Comment by Medic! posted on 25th Apr 2008:

Great read Psy, glad you liked New York. We'd be happy to have you back sometime. It's refreshing to see someone who visited the States and left with a positive experience. smile.gif

Comment by Niko vs Claude posted on 25th Apr 2008:

Awesome Diary smile.gif

I look forward playing with you on XBL on GTA 4 we got our asses wooped by the halo ring's on Halo 3

But i wanna woop ur ass at GTAIV

Comment by Charger posted on 25th Apr 2008:

Lucky Guys, I read everything here and GTA4.net, I'm planning to read all of the Fan Sites maybe..

R* is Great.

Comment by mooby346 posted on 25th Apr 2008:

Great read Psy, you are a really lucky guy. It's nice of you to spend the time writing that article for the rest of us too, I appreciate it.

Comment by Korben posted on 25th Apr 2008:

Great write up mate.

Thanks

Comment by Francis McReary posted on 25th Apr 2008:

Wow Psy, i applaud you on this diary. Sounds very epic indeed.

I want to thank you very much for writing this diary.

Comment by TreeFitty posted on 25th Apr 2008:

lucky.... *kicks ground*

Good read!

Comment by 2526 posted on 25th Apr 2008:

Psy you the man!! it's amazing how after such long flights and lack of sleep your answering questions like this =)

This is the best GTA4 site, and the SA site was the best of the lot 2 ! ^__^

Comment by bOnEs posted on 25th Apr 2008:

fantastic read... honestly, you are one lucky guy and i am sure you know that too... having R* give you an all-expenses paid trip to new york to play GTAIV... i bet you felt like a rockstar biggrin2.gif... especially from that allison who hooked you up with some heine's...

and its just nice to hear how much R* cares about its community, and how import we are to their continued success... i mean, how many companies really would do that with their fan base?

again, awesome read... it was an half-hour well spent happy4.gif...

Comment by J~D posted on 25th Apr 2008:

if i were you i would have used peoples misconception about you working for rockstar to your advantage. "give me $100 and i will answer any question you have about the game". you could have left america a very rich man. well i supose you were already "rich" in a totally metaphorical way. but still you should have had fun with it.

Comment by Leng Tch'e posted on 25th Apr 2008:

Nah, that would have been poor form. Psy did the right thing by not taking money for lies tongue.gif

Nice article Psy. It was actually short considering the attention span I have from demanding English courses.

Comment by The Last Sunset posted on 25th Apr 2008:

I read it all - pretty amazing read. I'm glad they kept the trip and everything a secret until now.

Comment by PhAt PhUcK posted on 25th Apr 2008:

So can't wait to get it, what a tease!
just hope i dont bump into any gameplay! ohmy.gif

Comment by shootthebandit posted on 25th Apr 2008:

nice info dude,all expenses payed i can just imagine how much booze and fast food was consumed.awsome. i cant belive you get all expenses payed and get to play GTA a week early your so lucky.

Comment by craniumkick posted on 25th Apr 2008:

good read psy GTA4 sounds even better now. you lucky bastard!

Comment by Wiseguy127 posted on 25th Apr 2008:

Good post, read through it all. All I would suggest is that you should have checked out "No Country For Old Men" on the plane if they offered it over "There Will Be Blood"...

Comment by Caliguy posted on 25th Apr 2008:

Very, very good read. That sounded like loads of fun, congrats. T'was a well deserved trip for you.

I was happy to read that weapons aren't confiscated when you die/get arrested, especially since they are so expensive.

Comment by The_Technician posted on 25th Apr 2008:

amazing read, this game is going to be fucking sweet.

thanks for the new info Psy

Comment by ezekiel 08 posted on 26th Apr 2008:

Psy, can you please please post that picture of you in front of the Statue of Liberty with the ugly chick you mentioned in the "Day 2" section? You removed her using your 1337 Photoshop skillz but I want to see her ugliness in full! Please oh please??? notworthy.gif

Comment by Psy posted on 26th Apr 2008:

Thanks for all of the feedback guys. Glad you enjoyed the article, and I hope it's increased your hype just before the game comes out. None of you will be disappointed.

QUOTE(Rylo84 @ Apr 25 2008, 06:44 PM) View Original Post

Nice one for passing on your experiences to us Psy. Fucking spot on mate.

By the way if your a proper red you should be reading this:

I've heard of those magazines when I've been in Liverpool, so sure, if you want to sort me out with a few of them I'll happily have a look.

QUOTE(ezekiel 08 @ Apr 26 2008, 08:47 AM) View Original Post
Psy, can you please please post that picture of you in front of the Statue of Liberty with the ugly chick you mentioned in the "Day 1" section? You removed her using your 1337 Photoshop skillz but I want to see her ugliness in full! Please oh please??? notworthy.gif

If you really... really want to... Then ok. Don't click here!

Comment by Rylo84 posted on 26th Apr 2008:

QUOTE(Psy @ Apr 26 2008, 12:48 PM) View Original Post

QUOTE(Rylo84 @ Apr 25 2008, 06:44 PM) View Original Post

Nice one for passing on your experiences to us Psy. Fucking spot on mate.

By the way if your a proper red you should be reading this:

QUOTE(ezekiel 08 @ Apr 26 2008, 08:47 AM) View Original Post

If you really... really want to... Then ok. Don't click here!

I'm a blue mate, but one of the lads who run the mag is a good mate of mine. Just thought you maybe interested in it. Check their myspace/facebook if your interested.

BTW how the fuck have people got hold of the game today!!!! mad.gif

Comment by ezekiel 08 posted on 26th Apr 2008:

QUOTE(Psy @ Apr 26 2008, 09:18 PM) View Original Post

QUOTE(Rylo84 @ Apr 25 2008, 06:44 PM) View Original Post

Nice one for passing on your experiences to us Psy. Fucking spot on mate.

By the way if your a proper red you should be reading this:

QUOTE(ezekiel 08 @ Apr 26 2008, 08:47 AM) View Original Post

If you really... really want to... Then ok. Don't click here!

HAHAHAHAHAHA! She is DOG! Thanks for the laugh!

QUOTE(Rylo84 @ Apr 26 2008, 09:28 PM) View Original Post
QUOTE(Psy @ Apr 26 2008, 12:48 PM) View Original Post

QUOTE(Rylo84 @ Apr 25 2008, 06:44 PM) View Original Post

Nice one for passing on your experiences to us Psy. Fucking spot on mate.

By the way if your a proper red you should be reading this:

QUOTE(ezekiel 08 @ Apr 26 2008, 08:47 AM) View Original Post

If you really... really want to... Then ok. Don't click here!

BTW how the fuck have people got hold of the game today!!!! mad.gif

Some stores are selling early and people are downloading the leaked PAL version from the net. I'm waiting till the midnight launch!

Comment by The_Technician posted on 26th Apr 2008:

QUOTE(Psy @ Apr 26 2008, 09:48 PM) View Original Post
If you really... really want to... Then ok. Don't click here!

Psy, you are one sexy bastard.

and the girl looks slightly windburnt haha

but heeeey! they changed the statue of liberty! isn't she supposed to be holding a soft drink can? lol

Comment by TreeFitty posted on 26th Apr 2008:

QUOTE(Psy @ Apr 26 2008, 07:48 AM) View Original Post
If you really... really want to... Then ok. Don't click here!

Comment by calimann83 posted on 26th Apr 2008:

Wow, great read PSY. This article made me even more excited for Tuesday. I wasnt even this excited for SA.

BTW I am very happy to hear that the pay and spray is going to be in the game, after all those rumors about it being taken out. Is it $100 still, or is it more expensive like in GTA3? just curious about the cost scale and how expensive things in general, I know its been mentioned that guns will be costly. no need to answer if you don't want, I can wait 2 days.
Thanks again, I really enjoyed your take on things.